Thursday, May 1, 2008

Selected as One of NH Magazine's 6 Renaissance Women


What an honor, out of the blue one day last month I got a call from Rick Broussard - editor at NH Magazine and he shared with me that I'd been selected by the magazine to be one of it's Renaissance Women! I happily accepted his request to come up to ManchVegas (otherwise known as Manchester, NH) and have a photo shoot. He suggested I bring props. Since they had just done a little article about my work with the crystal singing bowls I decided my prop would be my Amethyst bowl. I arrived and discovered that I was totally unprepared for the shoot. What I was wearing was not by any stretch of the imagination "Renaissancy". The photographer Susan Laughlin asked me where my clothes were and I said I was wearing them - a plaid orange silk blouse with a tank underneath and black pants -which I had picked out because I thought they looked "artisty". We thought for a moment and then she said "What's That?" "Oh, it's my coat" I replied which luckily has lots of nice soft llama fur all around the collar. Being incredibly creative women we pulled the straps down on the tank, buttoned the coat across my chest and tied the sleeves behind my back and Voila - A Renaissance look if I ever saw one! What a fabu job she did on the photo don't you think? A friend said I must have been a queen in a past life! It was very fun and I would highly recommend subscribing to NH Magazine so you can keep up with all the haps around our lovely little Granite State. Live free or die! (photo courtesy of NH Magazine and Susan Laughlin Photographer Extraordinaire! for NH Magazine May 2008 Issue)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You really do photograph beautifully. This captures you so well. :)

-Cass